Meet me, Lisa other wise known as Thrifty Moo. I've started this blog to share thrifty tips for saving money, making money and living as simply and self sufficiently as possible.

Saturday 26 October 2013

Foraging for free food!

Recently I've discovered the wonders of foraging. It's a great way to spend some time in the outdoors while gathering some yummy and best of all, free food!

We are lucky enough to live across the road from open fields and woods, so there is plenty of opportunity for foraging.






My dad had spotted lots of bits and pieces while walking the dog - blackberries, elderberries, rosehips and crab apples.  So off I went armed with my backpack and some rubber gloves to protect my hands from thorns and nettles.  One tip - take gardening gloves if you can.  They offer more protection from thorns and the fingers fell off my rubber ones!

Here's some pictures of my finds so far...


I've also seen quite a bit of wildlife on walks....

I've used my foraging finds to make lots of lovely bits and pieces which I'll be sharing in a future post.

Thrifty Moo x

No comments:

Post a Comment